Hello my dear followers! 2 days ago, RClogger released their firmware for the NovaX 350 TX. Time to see if we can use it on a FlySky/TGY i6 !
EDIT: It seems that the RClogger official updater works directly with the i6 units, so this post isn’t really usefull 😉
But if you want to read it, you’re welcome. My work won’t be completely useless if you do 😉
As suspected, the TX is a rebranded FlySky i6, even if they say the opposite on their forum… (« not firmware compatible » ahah, nice try…). So after about 10 minutes (included coffee drinking time) I found references of a « flysky i6 bootloader » in their updater. The only thing to do to flash their firmware in the i6, is to extract the files from the .exe using 7zip, and use the new release of my updater, included at the end of this article.
See http://www.rclogger.com/RC-EYE-NovaX-350-ArF.html for more informations about the NovaX 350.
So, how to install:
- Install 7zip
- Download their firmware here
- Open the .exe file with 7zip, go to .rsrc\2052\BIN\ and extract the 147 file
- copy the 147 file next to the BJCT_i6_updater_0.2.exe
- Use my updater:
- use the « open X 115200 » command (replace the X with your COM port number)
- put your TX in firmware update mode
- use the « ping » command to check if the TX is responding
- use « flashup 147 » command
It should update and reset the TX. Beware: the right command to use is flashup! It will flash an unpadded firmware, wich doesn’t includes the bootloader.
Why use the NovaX350 firmware? It also does 8 channels, and have timer/counter function. But I you ask me I don’t find the timer easy to use…
PS: Help me to buy a new oscilloscope: Donate on PayPal !
Any help is really appreciated 😉
/!\ I’m not responsible for any harm you could do to your hardware, do it at your own risks /!\